At Sharps Copse Primary School, the safety, health and wellbeing of all of our children is of paramount importance at all times. All staff are committed in ensuring that your child feels safe, happy and content during their time with us.
All adults who work in the school are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) investigation procedures as well as rigorous employment and interview checking procedures. All adults who work in the school are trained to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils at the school.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL’s) are:
- Mr M Elsen (Headteacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs J Stanworth (Deputy Headteacher, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs K Wood (SENCo, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs A Fairall (Assistant Headteacher, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs L Cutting (Children & Families Support Worker, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
Please click the following link to view our Safeguarding Policy:
As a school we have a responsibility to ensure children are safe. This includes the appropriate use of the internet and social media which can present safeguarding risks. We ask you to ensure that suitable filtering is in place and that your children are made aware of the general online safety.
To support your child’s understanding of online safety, please refer to the tab – Parent Info; E-Safety.
Please also click link below for to view our safeguarding leaflet: